Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Elevate Running Camp-Flagstaff Arizona 2011

Share
Trail running from 2010 Elevate running camp
Last summer I attended Elevate adult running camp in Flagstaff Arizona and it was super fun and super informative.  Camp Director is Coach Dean Hebert and his running resume is extensive.  You can learn more about him here, here or here.

This years adult camp is being held July 21st-24th at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff.  The $350 fee included room and board, meals, and all instruction, handouts etc.

You can read about my last years running camp experience here.

I would love to attend again this year and bring Travis along so we are looking into the possibilities but thought some of you might be interested as well.   I learned more in the 4 days I was at running camp than I had learned in the years previously.  I consider myself a pretty novice runner but the camp is great for all levels. Some campers were very seasoned and fast runners as well as Boston Qualifiers and olympic level athletes and then there are a few beginner and intermediate runners like myself as well.  Definitely a good mix.
Dinner out with 2010 Elevate Running camp attendees.

I have been trying to apply what I've learned and most of that for me has been on the mental aspect of running.  It's a bit like drinking from a fire hose.  So much I need to work on that I just need to chip away at it a little at a time.  I probably have enough information to last me for years but it's always more fun to be with others who share your passion and see how they work through things as well...AND to have an expert lead you correctly because there is always so much information out there it gets difficult to sift through.

Make sure you let me know if you decide to sign up.

13 comments:

  1. That's pretty outstanding. What a great time to get out of the valley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if I'm not still in utah with my 144 family members --- I. am. going!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to try a camp - that one looks a like a good place to pick up women!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm, that is tempting my dear.... I will think about it =) Also, wanna come run a marathon with me sometime? If not this year, next??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess what? I'm taking my kid to visit NAU this summer. It's on her list of potential colleges. It looks beautiful.

    Now I know that I shouldn't go July 21st-24th cuz that's when you will be there. Hey, this is fun. First, I blow you off in S.D., then you call me beyotch, and now this. Maybe you can be my female Kovas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh this is tempting. I am sure I can't do it this year but maybe the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what are you drinking in that photo there? Everyone seems to be happy with water except for the s-disturber in the front.

    I hope "drinking from a fire hose" is not some euphemism for something dirty ... whoa ... did I say that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thi sounds great...I do have a free airplane ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoh, have always wanted to do one of those and no men there ROCKS!!!! (read: no Kovas! :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. There were men there they are just not all pictured. Girls do seem to take over at these things though lol.

    Chris come if you dare!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those camps are awesome! They make you a better athlete overall. I think we may be in Tuscon in march!
    LC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet! Cant wait to check out the camp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know how I know that you're no longer a non race runner? You sign up for RUN CAMPS!!!! I had no idea that you were at that w/ Christina.

    ReplyDelete