Sunday, December 19, 2010

"Just Kickin' it"

Share Next time the Non Race Runner decides to train for her yearly race and schedules it to happen right after the holiday season feel free to kick her in the head.

Apparently that was not the best idea I've ever had.  Training has been going well.......mmmmmm.......errrrrr.   I have been running, yes but it's been pathetic.  The plan has gone from setting a PR, to enjoying the race, to just getting through.  Okay, I'm not quite to the just getting through phase but I feel it lurking around every corner.   I've hardly had time to make any witty comments on others blogs let alone captivate you all with my own bullcrap intuitive blog posts.  Please forgive me.  If I don't blog again until after Santa arrives I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

I leave you with a recent running experience.  I was in San Diego last week for a few days (no I didn't meet up with BQ or Die because he ditched me for his "training" schedule because he is so hardcore or some other bogus reason) but I did have a chance to go for a run on my own.  I started off on the hotel treadmill and after a mile and a half it dawned on me that I was in the city without my children on my hip/leg/lap/arm and I could run outside!! Who would have thought?!  So I exited the building and introduced myself to the great outdoors of running once again.  I had a lovely 6 mile run along the harbor and saw the sights of San Diego.
Well I saw two sights of San Diego.  The Harbor and the USS Midway. The other day I was in town I spent the entire day in bed, ordering room service and reading a book.  It was awesome. 

Here are some songs my kids have been singing. They thought these were the actual words. I don't know why I think it's so funny.

Eminem by Reece (4 years old) 

   "I'm not afraid, I'm not afraid, to take the stairs, everybody, come take my hand"

Silent night rendition by Landon (10 Years old)

 "Silent night, Holy night, all is calm all is right, Round young imbecile tender and mild" 

Hope you are all enjoying this time of year with your family and loved ones.
 Once again Happy Holidays!
The NRR

9 comments:

  1. May you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too!

    Also, love the new lyrics. Your kids have a future in the music industry :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lyrics at the end by the kids made me laugh. out loud! funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris had a chance to meet "THE" Adrienne and he didn't clear off his life to make the time? What a knuckle-head (yeah I said it Chris...How do you expect to BQ with that attitude)?

    Adrienne...you are an inspiration. And your kids are hilarious. They need to be on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Q, wait, shouldn't I really be a complete inspiration to the running community? I mean, I had to forsake the great honor of meeting "THE" Adrienne because I am so dedicated to my training plan. That, Sir, is how you BQ :-)

    Adrienne, for the record, I did invite you to come run at lunch in my beautiful industrial park. It's no Harbor view, but at least you would get to run with me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. its tough training the the holidays, but you can do it! Enjoy that time with family then back at it in 2011! CHeers!
    LC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I once considered myself a blog buddy of Chris K, now I disavow any information about him. He shall be denied food, fire, and shelter within all the territories my tribe controls!

    Some of the kids I've taught in religious school have said: "Our Father, who art in heaven, how do we know your name?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, Chris is lame, enough said!
    Great lyrics by the kids - priceless! You gotta write those down some day and show them!!! :)

    Did you blog exchange gift arrive yet???

    Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete