I was nominated by Chris K over at BQ or Die for the Stylish Blog Award and I'm not sure whether I should take this as a compliment or insult. After all he did pass up the lime green shirt that Jill suggested while he was in Colorado and in my closet you will find this
Before I get into the 7 things about me can I just quickly note that my 5th grader has been learning about the metric system in school and if the course doesn't end soon I may just lose my mind.
Hey mom how many grams in an ounce?
How many quarts does it take to fill a 40 gallon tub?
How many miles in a kilometer?
Does a $5 bill weigh 1 gram or 5 grams?
Dear Landon, I'm American! I don't care!
Thank goodness for Google. What did mom's do before google?
Okay, here are the 7 things about me you never wanted to know :)
1. I'm a Cub Scout Pack Trainer for the Boy Scouts of America.
Cub Scout Motto: Do your Best
My Motto: It's easier to build a boy than fix a man.
My other Motto: If at first you don't succeed. Try doing it the way your wife told you to in the first place.
2. I usually make sure my kids make their beds and have clean rooms but I just shut the door to my room. :)
3. Friendships are important to me. Sometimes they take work and that's okay.
4. I was voted "Miss Clear Creek" by my 5th grade class at our overnight cabin trip because I brought candy and it was against the rules. I was a rebel, even way back then. Teachers were not happy I won. Hahahahahahaha! In your FACE!
5. I'm one of three leaders in my church over the children's organization (called Primary) this takes up a lot of my time but that's okay. It includes around 90 kids ranging in age from 18 months to 12 years old. I. LOVE. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THESE. KIDS. (Now you know what I do when I'm not blogging or sitting on the couch eating
6. I'm really bad about answering texts or calls from my cell phone. My cell phone is for me to call YOU
7. I was a little offended that Chris K referred to the other Adrienne as "a damn fast one" and me as "the damn funny one" so that is basically like saying I have a big butt? Wow, thanks. So I'm the girl at the club with the "sparkling personality?" " Nice face?" "Beautiful on the inside?" So I did what any girl would do and clicked on Adrienne the damn fast one to check her out and HOLY SHNIKES he wasn't kidding! She has a 5:32 mile and a Marathon: 3:05:20. Okay, I'll stick with damn funny
So now to tag people:
1. Check out my friends new blog at Training Trio. (there are 3 of them so it counts for 3 tags)
2. See above
3. See above
4. New friend Reid over at Life Strides
5. Janice over at Run Far and Strong
Hey mom, would you use Kilometers to measure the state of Kentucky?
No Landon, I would use google to measure the state of Kentucky. TGFG!
Thanks Chris for the tag.